I work on conceptual projects with an openness to form. I'm very interested in systems -- both social and technological -- and how they intersect with and reveal humanity.
I was a TED Fellow in 2010 and a resident of Laboratorio para la Ciudad in Mexico City in 2014. I also co-founded the Southfirst gallery in Brooklyn, New York in 2001.
Much of my time from 2006 to 2013 was spent working on Kickstarter, which I founded in 2009.
I live in New York City, where I was born and raised.
- Feb 19, 2015. Interviewed by Rebecca Gross in NEA ARTS
- Dec 12, 2014. Presented event Perry Chen: Y2K+15 for First Look @ New Museum w Rhizome & Creative Time Reports.
- Nov 1, 2014. Launched the nonprofit website Dollar a Day with fellow volunteers.
- Oct 22, 2014. Talk at Karen Shimakawa's "Abjection" course at NYU, Performance Studies grad program.
- Feb 8, 2014. Participated in 89plus Americas Marathon: Autoconstrucción.